To teach students in classes,
conducted times a day
Server CPU & RAM
Disk space for recordings
Bandwidth for video conferencing
Fill in the values above to estimate your monthly costs
- In each class, only the teacher uses a webcam. Occasionally, the teacher may ask a few students to share their webcams
- Each BBB server (8 CPU, 16 GB) can hold 250 users;
- For 2nd BBB server ( Number of users > 250) you will need a Scalelite server
- For 1 hour class, median size of playback recording is 149 MB (average is 147 MB and maximum size is 524 MB). This is based on our analysis of 1,000 regular 1-hour classes, with 1 teacher webcam and students on microphones. At times teachers may use screen sharing.
- References: Digital Ocean pricing and AWS pricing
- Outgoing bandwidth per hour = video + audio + screen sharing Reference
- Video: Number of classes * (total number of users per class – 1) * 0.25 MBits / second * 3600 seconds
- Audio: Total number of users * 0.04 Mbits / second * 3600 seconds
- Screen sharing: Total number of users * 0.6 MBits / second * 900 seconds [assuming 15 minutes of screen sharing in a 60 minute class, assuming screen being shared is updating moderately.]
- Assuming screen resolution 320×240.
2 Weeks free trial. Full access.
Take a free trial of BigBlueButton to discover how it is better and cheaper than Zoom for conducting online classes.